The California CORE (Clean Off-Road Equipment) Project is tentatively scheduled to reopen with $125 million in voucher funds on July 18, 2022, for the following equipment categories:
- Terminal tractors (both on- and off-road)
- TRUs (both truck- and trailer-mounted)
- Large forklifts and cargo handling equipment
- Airport ground support equipment (airport cargo loaders, wide-body aircraft tugs, and aircraft GPUs)
- Railcar movers and switcher locomotives
- MPUs and mobile shore power cable management systems
- Construction equipment (excavators, dozers, skid-steers, loaders, back hoes, and other construction equipment types)
- Agricultural equipment (agricultural harvesting equipment, agricultural tractors, and other agricultural equipment)
- Commercial harbor craft
Equipment deployed in disadvantaged and low-income communities (DAC) is eligible for a 10% enhancement of the equipment’s base voucher amount.
Small businesses are eligible for a 15% enhancement of the equipment’s base voucher amount. Your business qualifies as a small business if it meets the definition in Government Code Section 14837 (d) (1) (A): a small business is defined as “having an annual revenue less than $15 million per year and 100 employees or less.”
Fulfill the following steps to become an approved CORE Dealer:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your interest in becoming a CORE Approved Dealer.
- Take the CORE Dealer Training Quiz. You must pass the quiz with a score of 100%.
- Once the CORE Dealer Training Quiz has been completed, submit all the required documentation.
- Notify email@example.com that you have completed all the outlined steps to set up a 30-minute training call with a CORE Project Administrator.
Original Equipment Manufacturers:
Equipment Manufacturers should continue submitting equipment eligibility applications to the California Air Resources Board (CARB). CARB Staff will assess and determine equipment eligibility. To participate in CORE and get your equipment listed in the CORE Catalog, OEMs must follow these steps:
- Read and understand the CORE Implementation Manual.
- Compile documents outlined in Attachment A.
- Send the complete application package to CORE@arb.ca.gov.
- Advise Dealers to enroll.
Any off-road equipment user in California that uses the equipment for a business need is eligible. If you want to participate, the equipment you purchase must be domiciled and operated for at least 3 years in California after the voucher redemption date. Equipment users must also submit activity reports for 3 years. The fleet size does not affect voucher amounts, and equipment users have no limitation on the number of vouchers for which they can apply.
To participate in CORE, follow these steps:
- Select equipment that suits your needs from the equipment catalog.
- Contact an eligible dealer.
- Provide the Dealer with equipment domicile location, small business designation, and other information.
- Purchase your CORE-discounted equipment.
For additional questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.